TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. OWN RISK: We will take every care and consideration with your dog/cat which is accepted solely at owner’s risk. You are welcome to bring your dog’s/cat’s own bedding and toys should you wish to give your dog/cat a sense of home. All dogs/cats must be fitted with a securely fastened collar and identification tag or be micro-chipped (the law states as at 06.04.16 it is compulsory to have your dog micro-chipped). Spotty Dog Boarding Kennels and Scatty Cat Cattery cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.
2. VACCINATIONS: All dogs must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Distemper, Hepatitis and the Leptospiral diseases. Protection against Kennel Cough is also required – your dog cannot be accepted into the kennels for a minimum of 14 days after having KC vaccination if not previously vaccinated or 72 hours if their booster has recently expired. All cats must be vaccinated against Feline Infectious Enteritis (FVP), Cat Flu (CVRP or RCV) & Feline Leukemia (FELV). Cats cannot enter the cattery within 14 days of vaccination if not previously vaccinated or their booster has expired. The manufacturers lead time for initiation or renewal of vaccinations must be observed – please consult your vet for further details. WE ARE UNABLE TO ADMIT DOGS/CATS WITHOUT SIGHT OF A VALID, UP-TO-DATE VACCINATION CARD unless your vet can authorise otherwise. If you are refused entry you will be liable for the full cost of the stay.
3. HEALTH: Owners warrant that any dog/cat admitted for boarding is fit, sound and healthy (or that the kennels/cattery have been advised of any existing condition). Owners undertake to declare any history of veterinary problems that could reoccur while boarding and to draw attention to any traits or vices that their dog/cat may have. Owners authorise veterinary treatment to be given should it be considered necessary during the period of boarding. Owners will be required to settle any vet bills that may arise should your dog/cat require treatment due to accident or illness whilst boarding at our facilities. Please ensure that flea and worming treatments are up to date and if required done at least one week before boarding with us. Should we need to administer either of these treatments during the boarding period, you will be charged accordingly. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dog/cat appearing to be unwell or thought to be suffering from any illness or infectious disease and you may be liable for the cost of the stay.
4. MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION: If medication is required to be administered, this will be undertaken provided the dog/cat will accept the medication without resistance and that the medication can be given by a person who does not hold veterinary qualifications.
5. OPENING HOURS: Mon-Sat 9-11 am / 4.30-6pm; Sun 9-12am. All dogs/cats must be dropped off and collected within opening hours unless prior arrangement is made with the proprietors. Should you be unable to collect your dog/cat in person, your representative must bring proof of identity and be in a position to make full payment, if appropriate, before the dog is handed over. Should this be the case, please notify us in advance and provide us with their contact details.
6. DISPOSAL: Owners authorise the re-homing/sale/disposal of their dog/cat in the best way possible should they fail to collect their dog/cat within 14 days of the end of the boarding period and should they fail to contact Spotty Dog Boarding Kennels to provide an explanation.Every effort will be made to come to a reasonable arrangement prior to taking this action as a last resort.
7. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be advised a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the date of arrival. Cancellations after this date will incur a charge of 50% of the proposed stay. For cancellations within 48 hours of the due date of arrival and in the event of no notification the full amount will be invoiced. Refunds cannot be given for early collection before the date stated on the booking form.
8. PAYMENT: Charges are per full day/night. The day of departure will be charged in full unless the dog is collected before 11am on that day (12 noon on Sundays). Payment can be made by debit or credit card or cash. Cheques can only be accepted for payments in advance. Spotty Dog Boarding Kennels and Scatty Cat Cattery reserve the right to request non-refundable deposits and all prices are subject to change. Payment must be received prior to the hand back of any dogs/cats. We reserve the right to hold the dog/cat until full payment is received. Any extra days incurred will be chargeable at the normal rate.